Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2015 Accord Intermittent start issues. Put in new battery.

Customer Question
2015 Accord Intermittent start...

2015 Accord Intermittent start issues

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Put in new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Taken to dealer who said it could be an after market Remote Starter causing it. Took it to the original dealer who sold me the car and he says he can't find anything even though it failed once when I first dropped it off.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Honda
1/2/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

is there an after market remote starter installed on it now ,did you ask the dealer who sold it ?

did the dealer run a complete scan on the car and gave a scan report with fault found ?

does it have one of these tracking devices that you know off?

what is the mileage on it now ?

lets start here and we go from there

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

it is an after market REMOTE Starter installed when I purchased the car. I asked them to tell me the error codes they were getting....still waiting. No tracking device. Approx 45K miles on car.

I would take it to a stereo shop and have the system removed if the dealer not being helpful here

at 45k I doubt a major issue here

if you get fault code ,post them back here for me and i can help you further

A capable tech with ignition wiring circuit diagram ,can rewire everything back to stock, and that is what you need done here .

the dealer usually do not like to do that and if they do will charge you a lot and tell you no more warranty ,so find a stereo shop or independent repair shop to do it

he probably has a wire connected to the starter solenoid and is making poor or intermittent connection ,that is what i seen them on them when they do that intermittent start and after market system was installed

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat