Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

The orange wrench light is on, the VSA indicator is

Customer Question
The orange...

The orange wrench light is on, the VSA indicator is lit......and when I put it in R to back down the drive, it started acting like an epileptic, jerking back and forth but wouldn’t move. A few days earlier, it started making a strange hum when starting.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

The info for the wrench light and VSA say needs routine maintenance, but that is up to date.where would I get a trouble code?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Honda Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Honda?

I’m sorry, this chat program does not seem to be working.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Honda?

2008 Accord EXL. 51k miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

I turned the engine off and got out of the car. The day before it needed to be jumped, and it needed it again before it started acting up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It is frustrating because my iPad is not printing what I type. Have to keep correcting and adding parts of words. I need towitch to another tablet. I have to delete the keyboard in order for the send button to work....

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
I don’t want to join any monthly program!
1/2/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

sound you have a fault in traction system and it is triggering the engine limp mode ?

is there also check engine light on and abs or just vsa

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do have a power probe for testing ?

Do you have a test light so we can check for spark ?

Do you have fuel pressure tester to check for fuel ?

Did you scan it with factory scanner or equivalent to retrieve faults codes for vehicle modules ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I just bought the car a month ago. Beware private party purchases....even if he works at your repair shop.
Never mind. I was looking for a place to start. I’m just going to tow it in. Thank you. Goodnight.

you welcome , ok i understand , i just do not want guess for you ,

scanning for fault will be first thing , usually if abs wheel sensor fail to send speed signal will do that

good luck with it

good night