Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2010 Honda Odyssey. The car alarm is going off

Customer Question
Hi! I have a...

Hi! I have a 2010 Honda Odyssey. The car alarm is going off randomly. I disconnected the wiring underneath the hood, and the alarm still went off randomly. Plus, the headlights started coming on. I left the car unlocked overnight to avoid the problem, and when I woke up the battery was dead. Any advice on how to disable the alarm?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

I did not see a fuse for the alarm system? Admittedly, I did not understand all the acronyms.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, myself. All I have done so far is to disconnect the cable just under the hood latch, and I looked for fuses that would be for the alarm, but found none.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could be a coincidence, but the interior lights are not working, either. All of them. And the fuse is still intact (i.e. not broken)

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 day by:
1/2/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately, I do not see a way to disable the alarm myself on your model here.This sounds like a possible fault with a component like the door latch itself needing to be replaced as it may be sending a false signal that the door is locked and opened at the same time.I have seen door latch failure like this here before in the past cause this fault needing replaced.Usually, the driver's door as it is used the most.

What needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool that can plug in and can read all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set would need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.If no codes are set the compatible scan tool is needed to observe data signals from the door latch signals to locate the faulty latch needing to be replaced or any other component needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete