Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

VTM-4 is on just yesterday. Is it ok to drive until I get it…

Customer Question
VTM-4 is on just...

VTM-4 is on just yesterday. Is it ok to drive until I get it into a repair shop tomorrow?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

Sorry 2003 Honda Pilot

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I’ve tried loosening and tightening the gas cap. The problem just appeared yesterday. I’m wondering if it’s ok to drive today since all shops r closed today because it is New Year’s Day.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Nothing more than usual. Yup starting same as usual...no issues.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that’s about it thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Honda
1/1/2018
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

The VTM-4 light is on because your all-wheel-drive is automatically disabled to prevent more damage to associated systems.3rd and 4th clutch pressure switches were common problems on those (not warranty). Dealer would be quickest cause they most likely would have either switch in stock IF that's what it is. I don't recommend you drive it with the light flashing constantly ...even though you might not feel it , it could be doing more damage as you drive it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Repair shops are all closed today because it is New Years Day so the earliest I can get it into a repair shop is tomorrow. Can I drive it for today until I get it in tomorrow? It won’t stall in me will it?

Like I stated above I dont recommend driving it because it could cause more damage, I would just wait until tomorrow and drive it directly to the shop if the shop is more than 10 or so mins away I would have it towed there.

hows it going?

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician