Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My Honda odyssey 2006 won't open and sound to unlocked I try…

Customer Question
My Honda odyssey 2006...

My Honda odyssey 2006 won't open and sound to unlocked I try reset still won't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just reset it and still won't work

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/31/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you saying the keyless entry/remote is not working to unlock the doors at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Just the sliding door at driver side won't and no sound at all

Can you unlock it manually at all to open it?

won't open

Will it unlock manually at all?

I did
Just one won't open the sliding at driver side
sorry can't pay extra 26 to call you and I already paid 28.00 to chat
to call you

O.k,, what causes this fault here is a fault with the sliding door door latch itself needing to be replaced.The latch fails internally mechanically causing this fault here with it needing to be replaced.This also operates the locking and unlocking of the door.

Unfortunately when it is stuck like this here this will require a lock smith to come out and open it with their tools or the interior door paneling removed ( which will damage the paneling to where it would need to be repaired or replaced since the door is stuck closed) to then access and open it to then replace the latch.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I can open it manually but not by switch

O.k., thank you for that info that does help.

Since there is no noise from the lock assembly in the door when trying to unlock it electronically this indicates the lock assembly electronics have failed internally and the lock assembly needs replaced still.Since you can open it manually the door paneling will need to be removed to access and to replace this lock/latch assembly.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

OK I will
I will rate you after I finish this in a week

Thanks and Happy New Year

Happy new year

Thanks