Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I just got a honda pilot 2017. I am trying to fill up for…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a honda pilot 2017. I am trying to fill up for the first time. they are telling me its frozen

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried getting the gas nozzle from the back to open it but it doesn’t. nothing else. I am afraid to pour hot water on to it

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Yes. its brand new. just need to get gas into it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope. just looking for a fix to get gas

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
12/30/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

what exactly is stuck? the gas door itself?

no. the capless entry valve. I can’t insert the gas pump. I am told it is frozen. is there not a work around?

there are products that will not harm your vehicle to unfreeze it . These are used to defrost and melt ice on windshield and will do the job for you if it is just ice. I will send you some pics for this you can also use a hair drier until it opens then I would suggest to spray it with silicone to prevent it happening again.