Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My remote starter shows my tailgate door open and it isn't…

Customer Question
My remote starter shows...

My remote starter shows my tailgate door open and it isn't so car won't start.Also the tire pressure light is on and all tires are up to proper pressure..

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?

You bet and with a tire gauge.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2015l Honda Crv El

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your CR-V?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO. Put air in all tires and checked pressure. All over 30PSI

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Remote starting car because tailgate shows open but it is not open.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
12/30/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Christopher Jirak,
 replied 6 months ago
Christopher Jirak

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Do you have a factory installed remote start? and do the interior dome lights stay on? also does the message center display door ajar message or light?

Remote is factory installed. Message does not show door ajar and dome lights go of normally
Mechanic for Honda: Christopher Jirak,
 replied 6 months ago
  1. Typically when your remote start shows a lift gate, hood, or door ajar open and you have verified there are no open doors. the message center would also display a door ajar warning. As the two system use the same input switches. being that your cars instrument cluster. shows no door ajar messages or warnings. I would suspect a deeper concern at hand.
  2. Your Tire monitoring system (low tire light) will automatically re set itself after being driver at a speed of greater than 30mph for 2-5mins of driving as long as all the air pressures are set to the correct tire pressure I believe a crv is 32psi. (check the sticker on the door to be sure). I would also recommend that you air them up to a couple pounds higher try 35. as your gauge could be off slightly.
  3. do you have the ability to pull codes?
  4. If you do not I would recommend a basic re system re set at this point disconnect the vehicles battery negative cable wait ten mins go in the car and cycle the ignition w/it off to make sure power is depleted. do this for the remote start fob as well. Reconnect/install both the batteries and re test the systems. also verify that the rear hatch is shut if not already done so.
  5. Feel free to message me back w/any further questions and if any of this has helped please help me by rating my services. Thank you.