Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

IDoes the 2008 vtec have a cracked block problem. Honda,

Customer Question
IDoes the 2008 vtec...

IDoes the 2008 vtec have a cracked block problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Honda, 2008, cr-v i-VTEC engine

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

53000 auto

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just found out . Mech it has a coolant

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, the coolant leak is by the oil filter

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
12/29/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic

Thank you for taking time to seek expert Honda advice. I am reviewing your question and gathering information. Please standby.

The leaking-cracked blocks are the Civic engines. I have never seen a CR-V engi8ne this year or any crack. Unless it froze with water in the cooling system.

I checked for any bulletins or service articles just to be sure. None found for this problem. The only other thing in that area is the head gasket right above the oil filter. I would ask the mechanic if it's possible the leak is from the edge of the head gasket? I have included diagrams of the cooling system and lubrication system for your reference.

Please reply if you need more help so we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the page before exiting the site. Rating does not close out your question or cost extra. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer possible.

Thank you!
~Honda-Man Factory trained and ASE certified Honda-BMW tech 30+ years experience.

Honda-Man
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic