Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My remote start quit working. If I hold the button down for…

Customer Question
My remote start quit...

My remote start quit working. If I hold the button down for about 3 seconds, the car lights flash, but thats all I can get it to do.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The tail lights flash on and off 5 or 6 times. not sure about headlights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2009 Honda accord

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried looking in the manual, that's when I realized it's not a Honda part but Avital

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tried multiple times, no luck. It's about 6 degrees F outside, the remote starter worked fine in cold weather until today. Is it just the battery in the remote start fob?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
12/29/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Service Technician

sorry for the delay.......

what is the Model Number of the Avital Remote Start?
how long have you had & used the Remote Start|
when did it work last?