Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Radio is locked off, 150000 had to change battery, 1999 crv,

Customer Question
Radio is locked off ...

Radio is locked off

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

150000 had to change battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

1999 crv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It happened once before had to go to dealer then I lost the code dum me

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Honda
12/29/2017
Mechanic for Honda: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** we are not allowed to give out codes any longer per Just Answer due to liability issues. You will need to contact your local dealer and they will be more than happy to help you as long as you provide proof of ownership. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this sounds like doctor that charges for saying sorry cant help go to emergency room
Mechanic for Honda: kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech replied 1 month ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech

There are a couple of options for you. Look in the glove box and see if there is a sticker with a 5 digit code on it. The stick can be stuck to the inside of the glove box, or on the back side of it. If the sticker is not there you can go to this web site and they will tell you how to get the serial number for your radio. You must have this number to get honda to get you a code. If you need any help getting the glove box out to look on the back side of it for the sticker, or removing the radio to get the serial number, let me know. https://www.hondapartsonline.net/blog/how-to-get-a-honda-radio-code

There is a nuber on the web page you can call and give them your vin and serial number and they will give you the code if the sticker is not in or on the glove box.

kalamykid
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech