HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2008 Honda Accord 2.4L that will not go over 25 Mph

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2008 Honda Accord 2.4L that will not go over 25 Mph OR 3000 rpm Codes P0300, P0302, P0303 Check Engine light flashing
Ive changed Spark plugs (they were white and dry) Swapped Coil packs around No change
Adjusted valves (none were very far out)
Oil qty OK
Car appears to be in Limp Mode
I changed the starter about 3 months ago and it appears to crank slower than OEM starter did
Issue began in Grocery parking lot, where car did not want to start immediately, I pressed gas and it started....when I got on to road is when codes and issues started
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So you either have a injector issue or timing problem, I would think it could the vvt solenoid

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I unplugged each injector one at a time and each time it ran worse when disconnected and better when plugged back in
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What and where is the vVt sensor and can I do an resistance check to verify it’s condition?

let me get that info for you, be right beck