Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I am not getting power back to the fuel pump in Honda Civic.

Hello, I am not...

Hello, I am not getting power back to the fuel pump in Honda Civic

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Changed fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Civic?

The vin is 2hgfa16589h300041

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I live in a remote area in Alaska

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Problem solve crank no start. Car not getting fuel

12/28/2017
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. If you are not getting any power to the fuel pump, then the issue that you are having is going to be the main relay for the fuel pump. The only issue with this is that this relay is located on the back of the under dash fuse box. Once the fuse box is removed, then it is easy to replace. Here, I am attaching the testing information which includes the relay location and removal information. I am also attaching the fuse box removal information and, just in case the location for the SRS components.

The testing information will help you determine the issue, although, this relay is the most probable cause.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you. Seems the relay is bad. Thank you

Anytime. You are very welcome. I am always happy to help. Thank you for the rating. Have a great day and Happy Holidays.