Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I can’t type in my radio code. A new battery was put in. I…

Customer Question
I can’t type in...

I can’t type in my radio code

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

Yes a new battery was put in. I know the radio code but the radio won’t let me input that code. It just says code error e

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2009 Accord

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried locating the back up fuse to pull it and reset it hoping the radio would reset so I can input the code

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that’s all

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
12/27/2017
Mechanic for Honda: kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech replied 6 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech

You have to pull the negative battery cable back off for 15 minutes for the radio to reset so you can insert the code.