Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

2015 Honda CRV makes beeping type noise when you pull away…

Customer Question
2015 Honda CRV makes...

2015 Honda CRV makes beeping type noise when you pull away from stop sign or red light. Any ides what I activated?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Stop lights on road ways.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO. I went to Honda dealer and they had no clue. This happened one time before and one of the services reps knew what it was and turned it off. He was no longer there,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Honda
12/28/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Does it only occur while moving?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sometimes but mainly when stopping or leaving a stop sign or traffic light.

So this does not occur at zero mph but occurs in the range of 1-10 mph speeding up or slowing down, correct?

Were you messing with anything to make this occur?

No warning lights are on when this occurs?

Do you know why the dealer's tool is not able to detect why the chime is on, it should be able to. It is almost like they did not do this test.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure what I hit. No lights come on. Can’t answer the question about the dealer.

When the car is started you have a couple seconds to look at the warning lights. Do the seat belt, tire pressure, air bag, and brake light work, then go off?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Everything works as it should. So do you have any idea what is causing or do I need to go back to the dealer?

So far this looks to be an internal failure of the MICU module that controls the chime. Normally a chime that only works in that speed range is going to be a traction control concern, faulty airbag light bulb, parking brake partially applied. A dealer scan tool should easily be able to figure this out.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure how much this really helped. The last time this happened the service technician went to one of the screens and shut something off. If you do not know then we are done. I will go beck to the dealer and try again.

I asked if you were messing with anything to make this occur and you said no. So that would mean it should not be something you did in the driver controls.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As I said before, I hit something on the steering wheel and this started occurring. Have no idea what I hit.

Can you tell me which buttons you pressed or which buttons you know you did not hit?

Were you trying to change another feature?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have no clue what I hit. I was not trying to change anything.

Being you do not know what you pressed. I o not believe I will be able to address this. opting out now, best of luck.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician