Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I removed and rebuilt my daughters 02 civic auto trans and…

Customer Question
I removed and rebuilt...

I removed and rebuilt my daughters 02 civic auto trans and reinstalled it, along with a reman torque converter. It shifts into all 4 forward gears, as long as it is D3. In D4, it barely moves. Have any ideas? Also, the indicator lights for the gears in the dashboard don't work, but I don't know if they ever did

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I also get a check engins light on when I continue to drive in D4. pO740 CODE.....Lock up issue.....Converter was not a Honda converter.....

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. It is not a fuse. As stated, it shifts to al 4 forward gears ( unless there are 5 forward gears) in D3. Why not in D4?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it....

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Honda
if I GO TO REVERSE, IT GOES RIGHT IN AND MOVES BACKWARDS, IF I THEN GO 2 CLICKS DOWN, TO WhAT SHOULD BE D4, I get nothing. although after I go to D3 the back to D4, it seems to work fine. Initially it wont go into D4 and sometimes, acts like its slipping in D4. I do, as I have stated though, have 4 forward gears
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/25/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

These symptoms indicate a faulty trans range sensor or a shift linkage is not adjusted correctly. Have you checked those?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still have not heard back from anyone on this. Please get back to me today.....

I responded on the 24th.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician