Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I was driving my boyfriends scion frs 2013. Well the issue…

Customer Question
Hi so i was...

Hi so i was driving my boyfriends scion frs 2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your FR-S yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well the issue was just that the battery died from being like half on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

The person who was helping me jump start it had a honda and im afraid that the voltage wasnt the same as the scion frs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I drove it home fine but im reading that when the voltages arent the same it can damage the car like the digital stuff

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
when we first started (with a honda could have been an accord) jumping it the car wouldnt turn on we tried this multiple times with two different cables and then we tried a chevy impala and it took a few tries but it finally started. the frs completely had no energy or lights for a few seconds and then gradually its power came back on and on the drive home it was normal it drove normally it just had a check engine light on. everything seemed fine but could have it been damaged
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/24/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Marty, Bosch Master Tech replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, Bosch Master Tech

Hi, my name is***** cars have the same voltage so you could not have damaged anything due to a voltage difference. Jump starting any car can damage it if the jump start is not performed correctly. As long as the cables were connected to each battery correctly no damage should occur. Based on your description it sounds like the battery in the Scion needs to be replaced or the cable connections to the battery are very poor. I would have the cables cleaned and inspected and have the battery charged and tested along with the alternator. It sounds like the Scion needs a new battery.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty