Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My Honda Pilot Key dont open the driver side door and I did…

Customer Question
My Honda Pilot Key...

My Honda Pilot Key dont open the driver side door and I did all I could to open the door and the alarm started and I remove the battery then after some time I place back the battery yet the alarm doesnt stop...what do I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

The key doesnt work for the door anymore...that was the initial problem that made me to use a way to open the door

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Pilot?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not trying to fix anything myself...I just want to go out on that morning and my key cant open the door again...thank God my driver side glass didnt fully wind up so i use some thing to open the door through the window and the alarm noise started and since 3days now anything I reconnect the battery the alarm will start noise again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing else

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
12/23/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Daniel Lee, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Daniel Lee
Daniel Lee, ASE Certified Technician
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'm currently reviewing your question.
The alarm have been tripped, this is an anti theft feature. The only ways to disable it is with the key or remote transmitter if available. After hooking up the battery and with the alarm going off, Unlock the drivers or passenger door a couple times with key or pressing the unlock and lock button will disable the alarm. Since your key don't work on the drivers door , is there a key hole on the passengers? If not how about a remote? If it is a no on both. We would need to take steps to attain them.
Pressing the unlock and lock on the remote transmitter." Is what I was referring to
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your answer....the key is not working with the key hole on the drivers side again..and there is no fob lock/unlocking key rigjht now...Is there anything else to do probably to turn off the anti theft security alarm completely. Thanks
Unfortunately, according to the service manual those are the only ways. Looking at the best interests of security, this makes sense, of utilizing keys as the only way to disarm the alarm. We should take some steps to get a key programs to the vehicle via contacting the dealer or locksmith. Thank you for using just answer.
Please take a moment to place a rating score if satisfied with the answer.