Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

The key for my 2004 Honda Accord is stuck in my ignition. I…

Customer Question
The key for my...

The key for my 2004 Honda Accord is stuck in my ignition. I can’t turn my car into the off position while in park.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

The key is perfectly fine. I can only turn my wheel while the car starts up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. I’ve tried starting the car to adjust the wheel position and putting the car into a different gear and back into park. Nothing has worked so far.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My car also has 260,000+ miles.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
12/23/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Are you able to turn the key to the position before off which shuts the engine off?

I am. That’s the position that I’m currently in right now.

If you disconnect the negative battery cable, are you able to turn the key off?

Glad you got it resolved.