Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

It randomly/intermittently stalls while driving. No codes…

Customer Question
It randomly/intermittently stalls while...

It randomly/intermittently stalls while driving

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

No codes while driving not at idle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2000 accord v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. nothing when I'm stranded on the side of the road I have no tools to check anything. but you let it sit for 30min and it will start up and drive home like nothing was ever wrong

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Honda
12/22/2017
Mechanic for Honda: acura mstr, Honda Master Tech replied 2 months ago
acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. We see problems with the ignition switches in these. What happens is the contacts inside the switch wear and overheat causing the car to shut down. And then after it cools off it will start and run again. You can replace just the electrical part of the switch so it is not necessary to replace the keyed part of the switch. The part number of the switch is. 35130-S84-A01 it cost about $90 labor if you have it replaced at a shop it cost about $200.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

acura mstr
acura mstr
acura mstr, Honda Master Tech