Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Oddessey back passenger door opened but will not close.

Customer Question
Oddessey back passenger door...

Oddessey back passenger door opened but will not close. Nothing is blocking the door

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

2016 Honda Odyssey

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes it is 8:30and the vehicle is outside. Search for anything in the track, checked behind the door for blockage and tried to close it manually

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
12/20/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

if nothing blocking in for sure , i would assume the sliding motor is locked for some reason and went in limp mode.

now this will need capable scanner to read door module and retrieve fault codes and pull up a pin point troubleshoot

at this time a night ,we can try resting it in case it was a electrical glitch ,this will require disconnecting the battery and you will need radio code after connection if you do not have it and will lose the memory and radio stations

but you can try it using procedure below

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .the reason we do that is to take any residual power in the wiring harness to try to reset the modules ,and there will be no spark created touching them since we took battery power source out of the loop by taking both cables off

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

We already fixed it we turned the automatic button off and manually shut the door

awesome , it was surprising to it did that , no cases of issues on 2016 sliding doors yet

i m glad ,sorry could not help much on it

hope you have a merry Xmas and happy new year

Then we will not be charged?

no i will send it in for customer care for cancellation for you ,i m sorry i do not handle billing myself

and that is there link for your info

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help