Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Still having issues with car. Found a Honda manual and it…

Customer Question
Still having issues with car...
Still having issues with car. Found a Honda manual and it appears to be a defective ECM (we have checked all wiring for opens, shorts and grounds and had mechanic test the new alternator and MCU. Got another from the junk yard but now car won't start any ideas why. It appears it needs to be flashed, is this something only the dealer can do? Does the ECM need to be in the car or can it be done outside the vehicle.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Mechanic for Honda: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 2 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

good afternoon. on that vehicle, if the ECM was replaced with a used one, the ignition switch/key cylinder and the immobilizer from the donor car also must be replaced

Is there anything that we can do without the key cylinder since it was bolted to the car. We do have the immobilizer

have you installed the immobilizer?

but we don’t have original key

you will need to have the ignition switch and key cylinder from the donor. then have a new key cut

How do you get it out if it’s riveted in to the steering column

i will get you the procedure

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician