Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My 2001 honda accord takes in water, temp. rising, rough…

Customer Question
My 2001 honda accord...

My 2001 honda accord takes in water, temp. rising, rough idle and does not leak at all. about a gallon of water every 6 to 8 weeks. Where does the water go? and cools when moving forward.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Change distributor,fan switch and alternator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Catalylic conv. now going out

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
please respond, last time i paid u, got no response
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
bought car 2plus years ago, recently did head gaskets previous to purchase. 6 months later, started overheating, never steamed over, got off traffic to keep moving and temp lowered, always bad idle, seems to idle better after adding water. doesnt look like water is moving. strange is where is water going. besides it runs good, power,etc.
12/17/2017
Mechanic for Honda: justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I am assuming the temperature is rising due to low coolant in the system. When you fill the system back up with coolant, does the engine continue to overheat? Or, does it start overheating again a few weeks later when the system gets low again?

already lost coolant now losing water. temp normal when added until needs more
if u cant answer tell me, will call again to pay again.
Mechanic for Honda: justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago

so sorry for the late response. I didn't see this question in my que.

So you haven't found any external leaks? You don't smell antifreeze burning from the engine?