Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Most of the front window defrost does not work a small

Customer Question
Most of the front...

Most of the front window defrost does not work a small amount is cleared at the dash but the main window is not

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

2 days

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

Civic i think it is 2014 or 15 it is my daughter in laws i am driving it while they are away

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Civic?

2014 or 15

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet it is not my car i called the dealershi[ and of course they cannot fix until after holidays and charge an arm and a leg

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
12/16/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great.

When you set the vents to defrost does it feel like there is sufficient air coming through?

well i guess not really
i put my hand it but the dash vent is so far away
i could feel some air
but I am not totally sure

Ok the first thing to do will be to make sure there is air coming from all of the defrost vents. If it is not blowing enough then there is either going to be a restriction/blockage. or a possible blend door actuator issue

what is a bend door issue?I will go out to the car and check all of this
sorry blend door
where might the blockage be if there is nothing obvious blocking the vent?

The blend door is what controls air flow output to different vent positions. The blend door is controlled by an actuator, when the actuator starts to fail it will not open the blend door all the way or at all, thus creating output issues.

If something was blocking the vent then it would most likely be easy to see if you look through the front of the windshield, unless something small fell down into the vents

Ok i will need to check

Okay let me know if you have any further questions once you get out there :)