Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

The d4 flashes on my2000 accord. When its cold the gears…

Customer Question
The d4 flashes on...

The d4 flashes on my2000 accord. When its cold the gears wont shift just goes out off all the gears .if u turn it off and restart it will sometime shift normal possible . what should i start testing

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Has182 000 miles. No i haven't check that

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Accord?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i will be fixing it. Haven't tried anything reseaching first

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
12/16/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Carguy1, certified tech replied 7 months ago
Carguy1
Carguy1, certified tech

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

It does indicate there is a problem with the transmission as you can likely tell. In most cases it's a fluid pressure switch on the transmission causing the issue. As long as it is full of fluid and clean. If it's possible to get the codes read it will tell you which one should be replaced.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more help with this?