Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I made a sharp left turn yesterday and my '97 Honda made…

Customer Question
Hey, i made a...

Hey, i made a sharp left turn yesterday and my '97 Honda made this bomb-bomp-bomp sound, noise seemed to be coming from the front right.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '97 Honda?

Accord ex

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all i know.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Honda
12/16/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Carguy1, certified tech replied 2 months ago
Carguy1
Carguy1, certified tech

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

This noise is usually a bad CV joint. Usually, you can look at the CV boot and if it's torn it's a good indication all the grease is gone and the joint is failing. Most of the time it will only make that sound on tight turns as well. If you pull the wheel and look at the axle and boot you should be able to tell.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you have anymore questions for me?

Carguy1
Carguy1
Carguy1, certified tech