Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Gear shift gets stuck in park 2006 Honda CR-V. No I am not.

Customer Question
Gear shift gets stuck...

Gear shift gets stuck in park 2006 Honda CR-V

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am not. Just trying to see what the problem is. I am on a limited income and Jo went to be ripped off again by the dealer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

do you have brake lights ?

did you check the brake light switch under brake pedal?

when you turn ignition switch on and press brake pedal ,do you hear the shift interlock solenoid releases ?

have you checked fuses ?