Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Alarm keeps going off. Opened driver's side door with key…

Customer Question
Alarm keeps going off...

Alarm keeps going off. Opened driver's side door with key and put key in ignition. Don't have fob/remote.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Don't have the fob with the car. Using key only.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

Odyssey 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband drove it to the store and is just trying to get home. He can't get the alarm to go off so he can drive it home. It just keeps going off every time he tries.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
12/16/2017
Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 8 months ago
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician

Hello welcome to Just answer I am Master tech and will be able to assist you.

the issue is the system is not recognizing the Key signal.

I had a Honda Civic that was doing the same thing.

end result was adding a new fob and replacing the master keys and programming.

how long has this been doing this ?