Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

My daughter has a 2002 Honda crv - she unlocked the door…

Customer Question
My daughter has a...

My daughter has a 2002 Honda crv - she unlocked the door with the key fob and the alarm began ringing - she put the key in the ignition to start the car, the dash board lights up but the car will not engage to start - sounds like a cut off has engaged the alarm does shut off; when she removed the key from the ignition and closed the door the alarm begins ringing again - key fob will not shut it off nor will it go off when she tries to lock the car by using the key hole in the door.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No - I am not with her - she is at school - the car is 15 years old and has 150K miles on it can the system be completely disengaged?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything.yet..my daughter is at school and I am at work; she had a gentlemen help her out - the doors are shut, not locked, alarm is not ringing but if she tries to enter the car and start it the alarm rings and the car will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can we disconnect the entire system and how?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Honda
12/15/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today.

have you tried going to the passenger door and lock and unlocking the door with key?? also try driver door...

this will disarm the alarm manually

No - she tried using the power door lock on the door - i dont belueve she tried manually - dont think she is even aware of what manual means - can i disconnect the entire system?
No because i am not with her or the car
Can i disconnect the system?
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago

the sensor is on the key lock on the door. so it has to be done manually turning the key in the door

Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago

no disconnecting alarm is a rigorous task

Ok - i will atempt the manual process tonight
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago

ok.

try driver door, passenger if it has key hole and tailgate if it has key hole

Ok - will do -thank you
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago
No problem thank you and please rate me on my services happy holidays
Cesar Jimenez
Cesar Jimenez
Cesar Jimenez