Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Just purchased used Honda Civic w 17k miles and notic it…

Customer Question
Just purchased used Honda...

Just purchased used Honda Civic w 17k miles and notic it makes a bumping sound hen hitting bumps. Sounds like it is coming from the back of the car. What can it be and can it be fixed.?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Civic?

2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just bought it and no I haven’t done anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
12/15/2017
Mechanic for Honda: tech0405, Technician replied 8 months ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician
Good morning you will need to have the rear shocks checked you either have a upper bushing mount going bad on either side or you will need a complete shock assembly I hope this helps please don’t forget to provide feedback for the help provide thank you
Thanks for your help
You’re welcome please don’t forget to provide feeeback thank you