Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I️m going bananas so took car to dealer for vsa light and…

Customer Question
Hi I️m going bananas so...
Hi I️m going bananas so took car to dealer for vsa light and they informed me my vsa module and computer were bad car doesn’t pass 10 miles per hour paid for diagnostic and took car home bought a used vsa module and computer had I️t installed and reprogrammed ran well for couple of weeks and then bam car shut power down back to no more then 3000 rpm took I️t back to mechanic who did a reprogram and they called to say it was ready but when i tried to start it it was lazy to start and then all lights were Bach check engine vsa and triangle please direct me if you know what can be
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
12/14/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like a ground issue, these are very common problems with electrical issues like this, have they cleans all major grounds and reinstalled?

Not that i know of

I would suspect this first and have them do that, im surprised it wasent done when doing the computers, its a major pain but is necessary in my book

I don’t think something as simple as a ground is causing this mess they had mentioned a false contact in the plug that leads to vsa but they fixed it I️ will call tomorrow and tell them can a faulty camshaft sensor cause this

so your telling me all the grounds I cleaned and replaced to fix electrical issues over the years is wrong?

No not at all you are the expert it’s just I️m so stressed I’ve had this car since new it’s my baby

its gotta be a connection issue somewhere, do you know all the codes that its throwing?

No but i will ask

if its a fault in the cam a code will come up for that,

It did come up before