Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2011 odesey both headlight stopped working at same time. Is…

Customer Question
2011 odesey both headlight...

2011 odesey both headlight stopped working at same time

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Is it relay in fuse box?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Honda?

Odessey

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Checked fuse seems ok

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Honda
High beams work but low beams don’t
12/14/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

I would first check for power and continuity fuse 20 and 24 in the underhood location, also does this have hid lights?

Do think it has hid lights
Do not think it has hid lights what are they?

high intensity lights have you checked the fuses yet?

checked fuses
Not blown

we need to verify power and continuity at them do you have a multimeter for testing

No
Went to autozone and replaced relay below fuse 26and 27I thought that might be it
Didn’t work

this is a pretty complicated light system, so we need the meter to do any testing, you can replace things all day but unless we verify power and ground at certain location we will never know whats truly wrong with the system

Well not very handy when it comes to electricalMaybe I should take it to the dealerOr a local mechanic?
What do you recommend?

with that system I would recommend the dealer because it may require a computer to diagnose or components to be replaced

Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago

hows it coming?

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician