Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My car alarm keeps on going off by itself randomly when I…

Customer Question
My car alarm keeps...

My car alarm keeps on going off by itself randomly when I lock it outside the street. i brought it over to Honda dealership to let them fix but they told me they couldn't find the problem all the wiring and etc was fine. i dont know what to do anymore

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes and it stop for 3min-10min and then it happens again

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

Is so annoying.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Honda?

2007 honda accord

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

At first, i brought it toa car stereo alarm system place told the guy to help me unplug the wiring for the factory alarm. then weeks later the alarm went off by itself again.. so now i brought to a honda dealership. and they told me they couldn't find any problem with my car everything is fine, etc

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. that would be it. thank you soo soo much

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
12/14/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Matt, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

Ok you say the factory alarm has been disconnected ? but the siren still sounds occasionally?

I had all the wiring that was connect to the alarm disconnected. But for some reason the alarm still goes off by itself randomly. The sound it make when it goes off is *beep *beep *beep.
I don't have my car with me right now. I'm getting it back tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes once i get my car back.

understood