Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2000 Honda CRV 5 speed. I was driving and it felt…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a 2000...
Hi. I have a 2000 Honda CRV 5 speed. I was driving and it felt like the car slipped into neutral and wouldn't go but rpms still went up like it was in gear. I replaced the clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bearing and master cylinder. I drove it a couple of miles and did the same thing as before. When I let it sit and cool down, I can drive it again. I jacked up all 4 wheels at the same time and saw that the rear tires were turning but not the front. It us all wheel drive but I thought it was front wheel drive until the front wheels started spinning then the rear ones kick in. So the rear wheels are driving not the front. What is the problem and what do I do?? Thank you so much for your help
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
12/11/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

what is the vin# ***** this vehicle lets make sure what system we have first ?

for your review on the AWD ,

is It AWD or real time 4WD.the Real time 4wd The way the system works, when the front wheels slip the back wheels engage. If the front wheels are not slipping no power is transferred to the back wheels. As a result when you feel the front slipping, don't back off the accelerator. Giving it more gas should get more torque to the rear.

If it truly is not working I would suspect the valve between the two pumps to be at fault. But that is a wild guess. If the clutch plates were at fault, then the rear end would be very noisy.

please let me know

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat