Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I think I Accidentally push the panic button when I was

Customer Question
I think I...

I think I Accidentally push the panic button when I was looking for my keys in my pocket. The lights are blinking when I got into my car and then tried to started it doesn’t start it just makes Moore’s and some blinking and then nothing happens. It’s clearly with battery working because I can turn the lights on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Did one spot I’ll try again

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

Onto CRV 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’ve tried to open and lock the drivers side and then I tried to push the lock and unlock button on the key itself. When I try to turn on the car the CD player is making a noise as if it’s flipping discs and the lights in the dashboard come on briefly

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that’s it thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
12/10/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Have you checked the battery? and the battery cables? Make sure they are tight and clean. Try to wiggle the battery connections. Also I would try jump starting to verify the battery is not the issue. You could also measure your voltage of the battery with a volt meter. You can also try turning the key on and off without trying to start it 3 to 5 times in a row within 5 seconds.
Also try disconnecting the battery and performing a capacitance discharge. You can do this with a jumper wire or you can disconnect both battery cables and hold them together for 5 minutes. Then reconnect the positive cable to the battery first, then the negative. Disconnect negative first, then positive. This is to prevent any spark or arcing.

The next step would be getting a scan tool to check for any diagnostic trouble codes that would be stored in the security system or any other system. Would be a good idea to scan all vehicle systems with a shop quality scanner.