Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My 2007 Honda Ridgeline will not start. I have lights on in…

Customer Question
My 2007 Honda Ridgeline...

My 2007 Honda Ridgeline will not start. I have lights on in the dashboard and overhead, as well as headlights. Initial try I just heard a clicking. An attempt to jump start it failed. Suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Not yet. It was dark so we decided to tackle it in daylight. Will I be able to tell if one is blown?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ridgeline yourself? What have you tried so far?

Jump start and I used a different key.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has 178,000 miles and has been meticulously cared for. I do whatever maintenance if required per my mechanic who worked for Honda.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
12/9/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Tracer3, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Tracer3
Tracer3, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, can you describe the clicking? loud enough to hear from inside or a faint click at say a fuse box location or other?

Faint click

Ok, first thought? you have a bad starter relay. No promise it is but worth swapping out. The wiring diagram I have attached tells where located. the other option? the one I tend to lean to more? you have a bad starter. I have attached a few files for you to review. . If you can get to the starter by hand , try hitting hard on the stater with a bar, hammer etc, sometimes this will unstick a bad starter worth a try

Please rate my service provided today using the rating scale at top of your page. After doing the required rating you can still return to this post for followups if need. Thanks Randall

Tracer3
Tracer3
Tracer3, ASE Certified Technician