Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

We replaced the battery and we cannot find the code to reset

Customer Question

we replaced the battery and we cannot find the code to reset the anti theft
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: it is the anti theft after you replace the battery its reading error 4 because we have tried resetting it started at error 1
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: CRV 2007
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we replaced the battery. we rec'd the error code for the anti theft we have tried to enter the code on the radio to reset but its not working its my understanding i need the VIN number and the serial number in order to look on a website and retireve the actual reset code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We cannot seem to retrieve the serial number from the radio. we bought the car used and the code that is supposed to be on a sticker in the glove box is not there.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joe replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today. Please bear with me for just a min while I form my reply to you.

Expert:  Joe replied 11 months ago.

Have you already checked your owners manual and for the security key card that originally came with the vehicle?

If the code is not written down then you will need to contact your local dealer, they usually just need to prove ownership (registration and license) and they can then provide the code to you.

When the vehicle is new the code comes on a card that is with the other manuals, when it is lost you must simply go through the dealer to obtain the code. It's usually a pretty quick process.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer and have a great day!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Texting is fine
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I wrOte that in my request that we already looked for the card. We cannot get the radio to display the serial number. U are supposed To press and hold the 1 and 6 on the radio to get the serial number to display. I n Ed the serial number and the vin when w contact the dealer. I hope this did not cost me more than $5 to find I am what wE already knew.
Expert:  Joe replied 11 months ago.

When holding the preset buttons of 1 and 6 you have to tap the power button to display the serial number.

The sticker is usually on the left outside of the inside of the glove box door wall.

Here is the info as well so you can see that the info I have provided is correct: http://www.smailhonda.com/how-to-reset-honda-radio-codes.htm

You do have to visit the dealer esp if the serial number will not come up.

Thanks,

Joe