Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

We replaced the battery and we cannot find the code to reset…

Customer Question
We replaced the battery...

We replaced the battery and we cannot find the code to reset the anti theft

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

It is the anti theft after you replace the battery its reading error 4 because we have tried resetting it started at error 1

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

CRV 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

We replaced the battery. we rec'd the error code for the anti theft we have tried to enter the code on the radio to reset but its not working its my understanding i need the VIN number and the serial number in order to look on a website and retireve the actual reset code

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
We cannot seem to retrieve the serial number from the radio. we bought the car used and the code that is supposed to be on a sticker in the glove box is not there.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/8/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Joe, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today. Please bear with me for just a min while I form my reply to you.

Have you already checked your owners manual and for the security key card that originally came with the vehicle?

If the code is not written down then you will need to contact your local dealer, they usually just need to prove ownership (registration and license) and they can then provide the code to you.

When the vehicle is new the code comes on a card that is with the other manuals, when it is lost you must simply go through the dealer to obtain the code. It's usually a pretty quick process.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer and have a great day!

Texting is fine
I wrOte that in my request that we already looked for the card. We cannot get the radio to display the serial number. U are supposed To press and hold the 1 and 6 on the radio to get the serial number to display. I n Ed the serial number and the vin when w contact the dealer. I hope this did not cost me more than $5 to find I am what wE already knew.

When holding the preset buttons of 1 and 6 you have to tap the power button to display the serial number.

The sticker is usually on the left outside of the inside of the glove box door wall.

Here is the info as well so you can see that the info I have provided is correct: http://www.smailhonda.com/how-to-reset-honda-radio-codes.htm

You do have to visit the dealer esp if the serial number will not come up.

Thanks,

Joe