Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have an 08 odyssey and the key fob will not unlock the…

Customer Question
I have an 08...

I have an 08 odyssey and the key fob will not unlock the doors nor will the key in the door.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes. I can hear noise when i hit unlock on the fob and the lights blink when I do so. but I can't get any of them to open

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its freaking cold today. 19 degrees

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
12/8/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

19 degrees , get some wd 40 , insert the tube in the door lock cylinder where you inserting key and spray,use a towel under so it want get on your paint ,come back with they key and wiggle left and right see if that helps it unlock

the actuator is frozen and not releasing or coming out 1/2 way, most likely weak and need replacement but for now try that and let me know

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

i had to go to work. ill try during my lunch break

okay sounds good

read below how to get back in touch with me

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat