Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2008 Honda accord 2.3: Thermostat for vehicle indicates

Customer Question
2008 Honda accord...

2008 Honda accord 2.3: Thermostat for vehicle indicates proper running temperature. Heater will put out only warm temperature even when fully warmed up and set to 85 degrees. AC off. Is this adjustment or heater problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No leaks fluids set to marks,

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing myself; Checked fluid levels, main hoses and small connecting hoses from engine heating module.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
12/7/2017
Mechanic for Honda: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

Are you sure of the year? There was no 2.3 in 2008.

typo, 2.4L
It's a 2.4 L engine; There is some heat in the cabin but not like it should be

Ok, you will need to see if the blend doors are rotating fully. There is one door motor on the driver's end of the case and one on the passenger side where the console meets. Operate the temperature control to see them rotate and see if they go full range.

Are both heater hoses the same temperature when you have it up and running?

I'll check this out; any other suggestions?

If you find the hoses are not the same temperature you have a clogged heater core. The best tool to clear a core is this Hecat tool. See if any shop around you has one and let them flush the core if they do.

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

Can I help you further? Have you checked the hoses?