Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I just purchased a 2010 Honda Element. Yesterday when I got…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a 2010 Honda Element. Yesterday when I got in it to go to the store, I could not get it out of park. I found a way to start it with a screwdriver. I don’t notice anything else like that it runs different or won’t shift. What can it be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

I haven’t checked the brake lights but no warning lights. I had not driven it over the past 4 Days. Yesterday morning it was making a very loud humming noise that everyone could have heard. Had no idea what it was or how to stop it. It seemed to come from the driver side. I will go out and check the brake lights real quick. Not going to disconnect from you.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Element yourself? What have you tried so far?

No brake lights. I have not tried anything to fix it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. That’s the only issue.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
12/7/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Ron Z., - Honda Tech - replied 7 months ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Just so that I am clear- you did check the brake lights and all 3 are not working, correct?