Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 1997 honda accord. My key fob will not work. I

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a 1997 honda accord. My key fob will not work. I gained entry using the key but the security system won't let me start the car. Any suggestions and/or where can I get a key fob for that model? Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far just checked the battery. I did have a mechanic but has moved out of the area.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
12/7/2017
Mechanic for Honda: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Hi. CLICK HERE for a link where you can purchase a new key fob for your Accord that will come with programming instructions. THanks.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!