HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

My kids pulled out the seatbelt too far out and when exiting

Customer Question

Hi, my kids pulled out the seatbelt too far out and when exiting the van, it was in the door frame. I didn't notice and closed the automatic door. When I got home and opened the door to let my youngest out it started to open, only like an inch but then stopped. That's when i noticed the stuck belt. At first I wasn't able to get the belt out, but I wiggled it and it came out. Now my concern is the door. It still only starts to open but then stops after an inch. Any suggestions would be helpful!
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen years of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

Have you tried resetting the system?

To reset the system, disconnect the battery or the fuse No. 7 (7.5 A) fully close the sliding doormanually. Once the battery terminals are reconnected or No. 7 (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box is replaced, the power sliding door system will automatically reset. Make sure the power sliding door operates properly.