Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I'm having problem installing passenger side control arm…

Customer Question
I'm having problem installing...

I'm having problem installing passenger side control arm honda pilot 2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes...I can't even install the old one... i've tried everything hitting with a rubber mallet...seems like nothing works...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there another way or technique to install them

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Mechanic for Honda: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

Do you have the whole front end raised or just the side you are working on?

both are raised

Is the problem it won't slide into the brackets?

is there other way to install it if the traditional way won't work..like take out a piece

No, you need to check that the arm you are installing is the same as the old and that the brackets are not damaged. You may need to use the tip of a prybar to spread the recess slightly so the bolt sleeve in the bushing will clear as you install the arm. You are probably hanging up on the sleeve. You can use a large hammer and block of wood to help drive it in

I am unable to speak on the phone, let me know what questions you have here