Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

The battery in my 1998 Honda Accord was replaced. The

Customer Question
The battery in my...

The battery in my 1998 Honda Accord was replaced. The technician fiddled with the Code sign on my radio. It will not take the radio code given with my manual. I think it is locked now. How do I reset it so I can enter my code?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

I know the radio code but it seems to be locked and wont accept the code

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am not fixing it myself. I tried entering the code number several times and it wont take it. The code number was in the book

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
12/6/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stang by.

Mechanic for Honda: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

You can reset the radio by removing the radio fuse for 1 minute and the put it back. Another way to reset it by disconnecting both battery terminals for 5 minutes and connect them back. That will reset the radio and allow you to add the codes.

Where are the battery terminals?
Mechanic for Honda: kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech replied 4 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech

The battery has to be disconnected for 30 minutes for the radio to reset. 5 minutes is not long enough for the radio to reset.

The battery terminals are what connect the battery to the car. You will want to disconnect the negative cable only.

I put in for a refund on your original question. This way you are not charged twice.

kalamykid
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech