Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2003 honda with a 3.5 engine.It would not start…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 honda with a 3.5 engine.It would not start fuel pump was bad. so I replaced. Now with fuel to the bracket on the firewall it still would not start. No fuel pressure coming out of rail and pressure sensor, so I replaced it. The engine wants to run when I spray starting fluid in it. What do I check next?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

I replaced the sensor,so its new. What I can not figure out is why anything else would be bad if the main problem was the fuel pump in the first place.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Honda?

odyssey

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, fuel pump and fuel pressure sensor replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have checked all the fuses there all fine. I'm at lose what to do next..

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/6/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

What is the fuel pressure now?

Are you getting good vibrant blue spark from the plugs?

Have you checked fuel injector pulse?