Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Fuel is dumping into the oil. Oil is disappearing about 1 qt…

Customer Question
Fuel is dumping into...

Fuel is dumping into the oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Oil is disappearing about 1 qt per 100 miles no leaks, no smoke, but black tail pipe

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Honda?

1999 crv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tune up, compression check

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Manual trany, runs strong and smooth

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Honda
12/6/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today. im reviewing your question now......

are you getting any codes?? and how was the compression test??

no codes. reader wont show the vin # tho...
145-150lb each, bumped up a smidge when rechecking with a squirt of oil
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

when you turn your ignition to the ON position. the check engine light should come on, if there are codes it will stay on, if no codes its should come on for like 5 seconds then turn off.

light works, then turns off... my card just got charged $25 and not $5 ......
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

have you checked for leaking injectors or performed a fuel pressure leakdown test??

for any inquires about the website you will have to contact customer support as i work in another department.

leak down test was ok, done by a mech
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

have you taken the spark plugs out?

if not take spark plugs out and without mismatching them look to see if one is black or gray. or if they are all even

all evenly light grey
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

last oil change??

new oil and filter, 700 mi, have had to add about 5 qts since, oil looks thin and grey...
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

did you perform compression test or did a tech do it?

does oil smell like raw fuel??

do you have a picture of the oil?

Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

also any leaks??

no leaks, I did the test, and just looking at the oil on dip stick looks very grey and thin, doesn't smell like fuel
hello?
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

when you did compression test did you turn it over until the gauge stopped??

Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

a correct compression test is done as so

1. remove all spark plugs

2. with accelerator at full throttle turn over engine 3 revolutions

3. right down answers and get back to me

already did the compression test...
Mechanic for Honda: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 4 months ago

did you do it as stated above??

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician