Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Could a transmission speed sensor error cause all 4 wheel…

Good day! Could a transmission...
Good day! Could a transmission speed sensor error cause all 4 wheel sensors to fail and the yaw sensor? 2002 Honda Acura TL type s 3.2L. TIA
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Carguy1
Carguy1, certified tech

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Great, thanks!

What are the codes? Do you have them present?

25-01 Yaw error all 4 wheel sensors error, supply voltage fail 64-01, engine control module 83-01 and 8401 logic malfunction. Was thinking of starting with transmission speed sensor Becca us I can’t figure out why else the yaw and all 4 wheels are failing.
an evap leak that i can figure out just need to know where to start with the really important codes.

The transmission speed sensor could be affecting the traction control, however it's very unlikely it's going to give you codes for the yaw sensor and all 4 speed sensors. This sounds more like an issue with the abs control module to be honest. You may need a scan tool that can read the live data to determine if the speed sensors and yaw rate sensor are even being seen by the module. That supply voltage fail code could indicate the abs module isn't getting power. I think I would start by checking the abs fuses and then you'll have to test the wiring to the abs control module.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Awesome thanks I will do that! And let you know how it went.. thanks for your time.

You are very welcome!
Also, kindly remember to rate my answer.
Thank you so much!!

Carguy1
Carguy1, certified tech
Will any abs computer from Accord or Acura fit?
Around the same year?

I believe it will if it's the same year and has the same options.

Meaning if it's abs and traction control VS only ABS. Hope that makes sense!

Sure does thanks!

You are very welcome and thank you for the rating!

Good morning,So today was our first snowfall, the traction control does not work but the abs does any idea why one or the other would be working like this? Checked all fuses and connections, vsa light is still on and abs. I was able to narrow down the vacuume leaks. Still waiting on the module in the mail from eBay.

This really makes me suspect the module is the problem to be honest. If the ABS is working then usually the trac control would also be working as well.

Okay thanks will continue to wait for the ups man.

It really seems like the best place to start and be careful out there!!

Good morning,I received the modulator yesterday and plan on replacing it tonight. Ive been reading a few forums and the code 84-1 was due to the vsa switch On the dash wasn’t turning it back on. I also was reading that this modulator is under 100s of Lund’s or pressure, is there a way to release the pressure on the modulator before removing it? Or a way to do it without having to bleed the brakes when done?Thanks
Gerry

HERE is the service manual info on replacing this. I suspect if you just crack the lines it will be fine. I don't believe it's under pressure when not running.

Carguy1
Carguy1
Carguy1, certified tech