Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2009 Civic and last night the check engine light…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a 2009 Civic and last night the check engine light went on with the blinking green dot next the "D". This morning only the check engine was on... Also, this same thing occurred once about a year or so ago, but went away on its own.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

The green "D" light was blinking; The check engine light is not blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything; And would be open to attempting to repair it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
12/4/2017
Mechanic for Honda: tech0405, Technician replied 8 months ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

Good morning do you have a scan tool to check for trouble codes??

I dont but I may be able to get a friend to read the codes
Looks like you specialize in german cars? Mine is a honda

I specialize in german cars but recently ran into this exact same issue in our shop because we work on all make and models , you have a transmission code thats why the D is flashing you have trouble codes stored in the transmission control module you will need to use a capable scan tool to see which trouble codes you have stored in the trans . The most common issue and fault is #p0843 which is usually a fluid transmission sensor causing the issue but i recommend you have that checked out with a capable scan tool that will read trouble codes in the trans not just ecm . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you

Thank you so much.

Your welcome please dont forget to provide star rating /feedback thank you

I am getting codes read tomorrow. I will get back to you with the codes tomorrow
No problem I will still help you after the feedback once you return with the codes thank you
I didn't think I should be charged $26 dollars without any direction yet... Thanks so much.
Erika

no problem ill wait for the codes