Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Having ac problems

Customer Question
having ac problems
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

tell me more on the ac problems. compressor not coming on , blower not coming on, it blows warm ,have you checked freeon level ?

are you trying to fox this yourself or most possible causes here

lets start here and we go from there

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

when i ground out the pressure switch fans and ac work

okay got you , so no ground to pressure switch, now if we low on freeon ,below 25 % then the pressure switch will not be grounded ?

have you checked freeon ?

when you do ground pressure switch do you get full cold ac ?

freeon is gd and yes
when i check the blue/red wire from the switch there is no ground coming from from just the black ground is gd
Look at the ac relay, 4 pins , one power constant from battery, one has power when switches on or start ,then we have 2 grounds , the ground u missing is the computer ground that is not grounding the relay on 1995 is common for it to go bd as long as your testing correct
Sir this not texting so it will take a minute to get a response here thank you
Your blue and red wire is your ground from computer not switch
Replace your computer
the ecu is bad??

YES sir ecu is bad ,replace

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

ok i replace the ecu earlier and still nothing??

then the wire from the relay to the ecu needs to be checked for continuity , or the ecu you got is bad ,was it used ecu ,most likely was ?

it is simple , relay 4 pins , what are you missing on the pins, we know the ground is missing , so it will be the wire, the relay or ecu ,there is no other way unless you are missing something in your testing

i pulled it off my othe 1995 accord where that other accord ac was working and ac was blowing cold

you are missing something ,if not ecu .

is it the ground from the compressor ,if you ground compressor pin will it come on

ground the compressor and nothing
thats gd when i jump the compressor with 12v it turns on and the ground is gd

then we go back to the ecu or the wiring ,run a seperate ground from relay to ecu for testing purposes

what wire from the relay to the ecu

if you are jumping with 12 volts on the compressor side, that tells me no power from switch ,

not sure man if you are testing correctly here, we going to end up throwing parts at it

tell how are you testing for ground , what are using to do that ?

with a test light and jumper wires

run a separate ground ,the blue / red wire ,and let me know

run a ground from the battery to the blue/red wire?? from the relay ,or pressure switch or from the ac panel
i not understanding u when u said ground the blue and red wire from where do i run a separate from from
From relay pin 4 to écu pin
Should be black wire on écu
nothing
The pin on the écu looks like pin # 8
Blue red wire ,that blue red wire also have connection on the Tcm module
Check that part of wire is good also
If you ran a wire and nothing the écu is not sending a ground
Replace relay off the other one
Unless the part # on écu do not match
Did you check .
where is tcm at?? and yes part # matches
when u say pin4 relay are u taking about pin d on the relay??
Tcm , transmission control module .
I will opt out OF YOUR QUESTION AND OPEN IT FOR OTHER EXPERTS FOR YOU FOR A SECOMD OPNINON THATBIS ALL I KNOW ON IT
JUST DO NOT REPLY BACK TO ME SINCE IT WILL LOCK QUESTION BACK TO ME AND OTHER EXPERTS WANT SEE IT TO ASSIST YOU FURTHER ON IT