Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I got a 2004 Honda Civic and I changed the transmission 3…

I got a 2004...

I got a 2004 Honda Civic and I changed the transmission 3 times and the car goes in every gear fine except drive and all three transmissions keep giving me the same diagnostic code p2770 I just don't know what to do any more

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the level of your transmission fluid? Is it bright red, or is it dirty?

Yes we put new fluid in every time

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

The first one was a cl4 then we put a bmxa in it and then we changed all of the sensors on that one and it still didn't work and then today we just put another cl4 in and when you put it in drive it goes but it's slow and the motor revs high

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

12/4/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Have you done the required testing for this code yet? Honda states unequivocally that this is an electrical fault and NOT a mechanical or hydraulic fault in the transmission

That's what I was thinking but I don't know where to start

HI,

Ok, I have attached the specific testing procedure for your vehicle as a pdf file for easy downloading and printing. Note the second sentence that states it cannot be a mechanical fault.

You either have a short or open in the wiring or faulty pcm. Do the testing and you will be able to resolve this.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Ok thank you

you are welcome

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager