Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L and recently replaced the…

Customer Question
I have a 2009 Honda...
I have a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L and recently replaced the drivers’s side Master power window switch panel because one of the buttons was broken. My problem is, now when we open the door (with the key) my alarm goes off and continues alarming for several minutes. Any advice?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Honda
12/2/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you.

I do not see the alarm problem related to replacing the window switch.

Did you remove the door panel to replace the master switch? You need a scan tool to check for any codes in the security system. Have you tried using the key in all the doors and truck if equipped?

My drivers side window would not go up or down, so I had that fixed (and at that time, the door panel was removed then, but that was about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Well I recently broke a button on my master switch panel and I ordered a new master power switch from a Honda parts dealer and started having the problem only after that. But replacing the switch didn’t require removal of the door panel, we just popped off the piece, removed the old switch panel and plugged in and snapped the new part into place.

Does the keyless entry work?

No, it is doing the same (alarming) when I open with the keyless remote

Is the security light in the instrument cluster on?

I’m at work right now but will check for the security light when I get back home

Ok. If I am still online I will respond. Otherwise I will be back on tomorrow.

the security light is on

Ok great! with the security light being on it means that you have a diagnostic trouble code in the security system module. You need a shop, or a shop quality scan tool, to scan for codes in the security system. This will narrow down your problem. Once you have the code it will be possible to diagnose you issue that is causing the alarm to set when opening the door.